Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Birthday Boy!

My mom and dad came for lunch and gave Wyatt his very own ukelele, as well as a drum full of other musical instruments. He has really taken to the harmonica. He even pats it while he's playing to create a "vibrato" type sound. Too funny.
Wyatt decided he wanted to go to the beach and have clam chowder for his bday dinner. To make along story a little shorter our dinner at Kyllos began with a crabby Anna poking a hole in her styrofoam cup and soaking herself. Between bites of our appetizer and chowder we continued to fight Anna throwing food on the ground and screaming when we then took her plate away from her. (Oh the joys of the "testing" phase). I decided it wasn't worth it so I took the kids to the van, Craig paid and brought our entree's out in to-go boxes. He jokingly commented on how in a few years we can tell Anna how she ruined Wyatt's 4th bday. Actually, it wasn't ruined though. They all behaved quite nicely once strapped in their car seats while Craig and I ate our dinner and passed chicken strips and fries to the back seats. They thought it was the greatest thing. We then hit the toy store at the outlet mall and Wyatt picked out a camping food set (yes, we did have to deter him from the tea set, that was his first choice!) and an electronic beat box drum. The rain had stopped so we went down to the beach for a few minutes. The sun was setting and it was beautiful.
Wyatt is four and is such a light in my life. He is such a joy to be around becasue he always makes me laugh. He loves to entertain us and is so loving and sweet. Just the other day he was pulling his pants up to his armpits and walking around the house saying (in a really funny voice) "I'm Mr. Up Pants". Maybe it's not as funny over the internet, but I got it on video and if I ever need to laugh I know where to look. I'm so excited to see how God uses Wyatt to serve Him.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

You have me all teared up here, reading about your precious angel! How the time flies! Thanks for sharing your memories and fun tales from the birthday party.

Christi said...

That little guy is the best! I actually think Caden and him are very similiar...we'll have to see in 3 years!

I'm so glad Anna and Caden are so close in age cause that's exactly the stuff he's doing right now too. We'll have to talk later about those two.

Hey, you ended up getting a great picture of the three!