Thursday, April 05, 2007

My blonde moment

So, I finally decided to get serious and really figure out the blog thing. Up to now I have just done the bare minimum, learning how to post pictures was my first big accomplishment and I didn't venture much past that point. I like computer stuff, it just frustrates me and makes me feel old when I don't know how to do anything. I figured out how to give my blog a more personal look and add links. Yay! I am learning, I know. The best thing though, was that when I started working on this I was looking though some sites that offered free blog templates. Some of the sites were referring to weblogs. I just kept reading and thinking, "so what's the difference between a blog and a weblog, they kind of sound like the same thing." Then........it hit me, they are the same thing. I had always wondered why it was called a blog. Now I know.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I went around and around on this subject with an uncle of mine. "It's a web-log and for short you call it a blog," I told him. "Why don't you just call it a web-log? Shortening would be log." He insisted. I finally just finished the conversation by saying, "OK, have you looked at my web-log?" He said, "Ya, but I don't get it, ever time I look at it the pictures are changed."
He never did get it, so don't feel so bad. :) The new look is great!

Christi said...

That looks awesome....and thanks for teachin me what a blog stands for...yeah, I didn't know either.