Sunday, December 07, 2008

The tree is up!

I have to say I am really fortunate this year to have a "pretty" tree. We usually have fun cutting one down in the woods or going to a cheep tree farm (and trying to find the BEST $10 tree), but this year we were offered a free Noble Fir! I have learned that once we get all our special decorations on it, the tree doesn't really matter so much to me. But I AM enjoying the nice trimmed look of this tree!
Here's the three after we decorated LATE friday night. This picture cracks me up. Wyatt has his basketball gear on and Anna's in her princess dress. Fun times!
Every year the kids get a new ornament and our tree is becoming pretty loaded. It was fun to see the kids pull out their ornaments and actually remember which ones were theirs from years past. (I don't even remember without looking on the backs!) We usually do a tree in the boys bedroom, but didn't this year....I think next year it will be a must with the amount of ornaments we have.
Joe Montana even made in on our tree this year! When Craig and I married his mom gave us a big box of all his ornaments growing up. Along with Joe, we had a fisherman Santa and several basketball themed ornaments. I remember going out and buying a box of sparkly gold balls and a box of little gold churches to add to our collection. Now we have one church and one of those gold balls left! I admit, I struggled with Joe Montana on my Christmas tree for a while, but now he, and a red 49ers ball hang proudly on our tree interspersed with my snowman collection and all my white ornaments. And I've come to realize it's just a reflection of us!


I guess I put these in the wrong order but here's my strong husband hauling the tree out. The sun was setting and I couldn't resist snapping this shot.



Hooray, we finally decided on one. After searching for about and hour they all started looking the same. The kids were tired and cold and we headed back for some hot chocolate around the fire.


It's looking more and more like Christmas around here!




7 comments:

Aly sun said...

God times here. I love the crazy ornaments, they are really the ones with the most memories. This year our oldest had such fun picking the ornaments out of the box. Her favorites were undoubtedly the ones I try to hide on the back. :)

Is blogger posting pictures in reverse order for you too? Weird.

Tiffany said...

You are so far ahead of me on this one. I'm having such a hard time getting myself in gear for Christmas. Normally not the case but this year I'm such a slacker on the decorations.

Christy. said...

Looks like a great tree! I also love bringing out ornaments from previous years, Jeff and I even have all of ours from growing up.
Merry Christmas!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

wow, what a mighty man! :0)

we have a vikings ornament staring directly at the bronco's ornament:0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay-
Your tree looks great!
I'm so glad you liked the magnets- I really want to make more for gifts before Christmas...we'll see...
Meghann

Angela said...

Okay small world.....Tonight we had our bible study Christmas party here and I had your family picture hanging up. Marcy Moore came in and said "I can't believe you know Lindsay" Crazy!!!
Hope you are having a great Dec and getting lots of snow!!!

PS I can't find your email address anywhere!!!!

LizzyG said...

What a beautiful tree! It looks like you're enjoying the Christmas season. Hopefully, you're all enjoying the snow too!