Monday, December 15, 2008

I {heart} snow days...

We spent part of the day at our friend's home, playing in the snow and sliding down hills. Next we rented 4 movies to keep us occupied for the next few days.
I've also been baking Christmas cookies like crazy. It sure helps to have another adult around to coral the kiddos while I'm in the kitchen! He also did the dishes and folded three loads of laundry. What a guy!









Tomorrow is another "day off" and Craig has mentioned painting the ceilings throughout the house and our bedroom walls a new color. Something I have been wanting to do for at least a couple years now, and I even have a color picked out, ready and waiting for an opportunity such as this.
I'm excited to see what we will accomplish this week around here. Getting this unexpected family time together is so much fun.
Enjoy this winter weather and stay warm!



6 comments:

Valorie Leonard said...

What a fun snow day! We almost had a typhoon day last week and we were all looking forward to it....no such luck.

Mindi said...

Wow- sounds like you guys are having a great little vacation! And getting things done around the house- that's awesome!

Christi said...

You and Anna look so cute on the sleigh together.

Elaine said...

Man you got a lot of snow! Our's just barely covered the grass and is almost gone now.
Looks like you had fun. :)

LizzyG said...

Good for you guys! I can certainly see why you love snow days so much. Happy painting!

Aly sun said...

Snow days are pretty fun. My hubby installed light in the basement yesterday (it's been on the list for months). It's so nice to have an unexpected break.

My favorite picture is the one of you and Anna as well. Awesome fun!