Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the best birthday present...

Craig painted our bedroom walls this beachy green/blue color I have been dreaming about for a while, and I wanted to post a picture of the result. I love the color and it really is a wonderful bday present. I pretty much sat around on the computer and did some organizing back here while he painted. He's the best.
This morning I open a package from my friend Jessie. Late this summer she took pictures of us on the beach and she surprised me with the folio of two of her favorites of Craig and I. I really treasure it because it is so seldom we get pictures taken of just the two of us and they were taken shortly after our 10 year anniversary. She did an awesome job of picking out the color on the outside. It totally matches our new paint color and is now on a little shelf above our bed.
It's been a fantastic day!


10 comments:

Christi said...

That is beautiful! Don't forget the name of the color in case I want to copy you some day.

LizzyG said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! The paint color and beach portraits look beautiful.

Cooking with Big E said...

I love the paint color you chose! It really makes your photos pop!

Aly sun said...

Perfect. I love the pictures. I love the color on the walls. Happy birthday!

Tiffany said...

Ohhhh very fresh! The walls that is...well, the photo too!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

wow! well happy birthday first! and i LOVE LOVE TRIPLE LOVE that color. i am a bit of a blue fanatic...and haven't wanted to overwhelm my home in blue. but i have been dying to paint my room that color. will you share the actual name?

i doubt that my hubby will be doing it, but i guess christmas break might be a good time to accomplish a bit on my own.

handfull of johnsons said...

Happy Birthday Lin! Sorry I'm late. Your room looks great. I LOVE those pictures of you guys. Jessie does a really good job. I went in when you first had them done and saw your whole photo shoot. Those are my faves. Once we have kids its hard to remember to have ones taken of just us, huh? Those are perfect. Love you and miss you to bits!

KLB said...

I love th pictures your friend took. Very romantic looking!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures look awesome Lindsay! It is a great reminder to do that. I am the photographer in the family and I am most often behind the lens :) Your room looks fresh and sea-breezy...very peaceful!

Angela said...

Happy belated birthday!
Everything looks great!