Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Hi. I'm back. I think I'm ready to give this bloggin' thing another try. I have been mulling over thoughts about what I want this blog to be about. I have been thinking a lot about who I am, the special gifts and talents God has given me, and what I am passionate about. I have decided that I would love for this blog to be a place where I share some of my ideas on all things domestic. I love to craft, sew, bake, cook, etc. and I would love to share some of that with all of you.

It has been nearly a year since I've blogged and a challenging and growing year at that. My desire is to encourage, as Christ has so encouraged me through His Spirit. There are several things the Lord has been teaching me, and working in me this year. One is that I am not a super mom. As a stay-at-home mom I tend to put a lot of pride in what I do and never got a lot of outward recognition for it. But I am learning that it is not what I do that defines me, rather it is who I am in Christ. I never want to seem like I have everything together, because believe me, I do not.

Along with that lesson has come a lot of me letting go of expectations and humbling myself. Realizing I am exactly who God made me to be and He delights in me. Realizing that I am God's workmanship, His poetry, so to speak, and He is writing my beautiful story. Realizing that God is still making me into the wife and mom He has called me to be. Realizing that it's ok if my kids eat cereal for breakfast and hot dogs for dinner, and go to bed in their t-shirts without a bath. Realizing that the most important thing is not busying myself with the tasks in the "kitchen" (Martha), but sitting at His feet in the "living room" (Mary).

That being said I would love to use this blog to share what I am doing that gives me joy! I hope that if you are a mom like me, you will be inspired and encouraged.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this!! Welcome back. I have so missed you and your blog!! Lindsay, you are so true in all you said. Who we are in Christ is all that matters here and for eternity. You are walking with him, and it shows that you are his disciple. Hugs to you!

Aly sun said...

welcome back!

Christi said...

That's TRUTH!! Love it and love you. I like the idea of your blog having a specific focus and I'm selfishly excited about the angle you chose!

Maddy said...

Yay! You came back!! :) and no, it's not ok for kids to go to bed without a bath. (KIDDING!) hehehe Happy days!