Monday, August 11, 2008

The River

Here we are enjoying a day at our favorite spot on the river.
Panning for gold.....

Hanging out in the sunshine and cooling off in the river
Great grandma joined us, and Anna loved playing in the shallow water by her.
Swimming with dad....she's got the vice grip around the neck going.....
And we even were lucky enough to have another visit from, whom we now refer to as our friend. Thank goodness when this guy showed up I was OUT of the water. Later a smaller friend came along and Craig gave me sufficient warning so I could scream and scrambled out of the water before he got too close.

And this is one of the scary parts of having boys! Jumping off rocks! It looks like Wyatt is pushing Will (he didn't!)
The very first jump Will did was a TOTAL belly-flop. In fact his belly stayed red the whole day from it. But he was brave and got back up there for several more feet first jumps.


Even big boys are good at frightening the women.


This picture makes me laugh. My little nature boy found this huge leaf and used it for a hat. I think he'd make a darling cabbage patch doll. Don't tell Craig I said that.
Floating with the noodles, the kids and I plus Ama.

We swam and we ate, and swam and ate. The kiddos enjoying their lunch!


Cute Wyatt with a bouquet full of Ama's flowers!

Fun Times!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time (except that snake---oh my goodness. I can't believe it visited you again!) I love those Buttons (Ama and Papa) and miss them bunches!

Angela said...

Way to capture a fun fun day!!!

Tiffany said...

This is lookin' like the Rogue. I'd say with Anna's grip around Craig's neck he's the one that needs the arm floaties. I SOOOO would not want to be swimming with "your friend" either!