Saturday, March 03, 2007

Helpers



I have reached a milestone in motherhood. The stage where you start to see your kids as help, rather than work. I know that sounds bad, but hey, kids ARE work. (And I know they always will be in some ways....and I am grateful I get to do the work of mommy forever!) But it is so encouraging when you actually see your kids getting to that stage. Like the first baby smiles at 6 weeks or so. Doesn't that just give you so much encouragement as a mom to keep doing what you're doing? That's how I'm feeling about this "helper" thing. Will is there. Wyatt is coming along. And Anna is still 100% work :) But, thankfully she has her older brothers who are becoming such big helpers. And thankfully God didn't give me triplets :)

Craig and Will are working on putting new hardware on our kitchen cabinets. (It looks so nice, the sideways picture doesn't do it justice. By the way I rotated it twice and saved it on my computer and it is still sideways, I have no idea and so I'm posting it sideways!) Will was using the power dill and having a blast helping Dad. So cute to see them working together. Little helper.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Training them to be little helpers takes extra work, but it looks like it pays off in the long run.

I'd say we are at 5% helper and 95% work/training to be a helper.