Thursday, February 15, 2007

Full of Love

Ok, so I admit, I've been struggling this week. Things seem to have "hit the fan" as they say. I mean, all is WELL, in fact all is wonderful. But every basketball season I just have this feeling of treading water and being able to just barely keep my head above the water. Can any of you relate? I know at times you can. By the way there are only 6 more games and three weeks of practice left so we are half over and the countdown is ON!

I had this great idea of having a fun dinner with the kids before Craig gets home at 6:00 and I leave for AWANA'S with the boys at 6:15. Anyway.....as one can imagine coordinating three kids at the dinner table (two of which are jacked up on Valentine's candy) while trying to get dinner ON the table, let alone making it a special Valentines dinner is a crazy notion. I could feel myself starting to simmer and my "kettle", so to speak, was close to screaming. When Will put his arm around Anna and playfully said, "take a picture of me and my best buddy" I took the challenge and grabbed my camera. The following are some snapshots of the chaos.

So, looking at these photos I am struck by their smiles and the fun they were having. When I choose to laugh instead of freak out, it makes such a difference. We did have a fun dinner. And I did have messes to clean up. But they are such blessing to me. My goodness, my life would be so incredibly boring and empty without them. I love them so. It is amazing how God reminds me to simmer down through them. My eyes are always being opened as a mommy by the things my kids are teaching ME! That is so cool. Also, I am so thankful for Craig. Hats off to single mom's. I have no idea how they do it.

(Also notice Wyatt's pj's......every day at about 4:00 he decides it late enought to put them on. I have to keep them washed and back in his jammie drawer or he freaks out. Reminding him that we do have to get dressed again for awana's does no good. He comes back with, "I know mom, I'm just going to wear them for a little bit".)

Hope your Valentines Day was as full of love as mine was!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Man, it's true, we are going to look back at these days and miss them!! You are a great example of how to enjoy even the craziness.