Friday, January 05, 2007

Weight Loss Goals

Well, of course a New Year usually brings about "resolutions" and Craig and I have teamed up in a goal to lose a few pounds. My goal is 15 and his is 20. I am posting this for accountablitity from the few of you who read my blog! I figure the more people I tell the more I have to stick with it.

My progress so far has been losing almost 2 pounds! There is a really great website I heard about and it has really been helping me. It is called sparkpeople.com. Both Craig and I went on it and set up our plan and goals. So far, what has been HUGELY helpful to me is the food planner. Your program will give you the ideal number of calories, carbs, protein and fat you are to consume each day in order to reach your goal weight. It bases all of this on how much exercise you plan on doing, as well. So each day I go the the website and enter in exactly what I ate on the food planner and it totals everything up for me. I don't have to read labels or do any math! It is so cool. I also love the fact that I really can eat whatever I want.....I just have to plug it in on my food planner.....therefore I end up making better choices anyway. So far it has only been 4 days but it's working well. Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I am going to join the masses who have already told you that you look fantastic (I'm sure they have even if they aren't reading your blog -- which, by the way, they are missing out). I understand the desire to lose those few last pounds so that you feel better about yourself. Keep up the good work! Jeff and I started our New Years diet as well -- it involves: No seconds at meals, no dessert after 7pm, and doing something active every day. We'll see!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for your encouragement!! I struggle with late night desserts as well. Seems like we use that as our "reward" when all the kids are in bed :) Hope to see you Tuesday at MOPS!

Valorie Leonard said...

Lin, I can't wait to check out the site and see how it works for me too. I still have the lagging 5 or so. It was so good to see you, you look great. I hope to post photos soon.