Friday, October 24, 2008

Company girl friday......

I couldn't get the company girl coffee logo to post, but if your here from Home Sanctuary you're at the right place. I am slowly getting used to fall and settling into a routine. My body is adjusting to the cold and it's kinda fun to pull out sweaters and sweatshirts I haven't seen for a year! This past weekend I took the boys down to the park for some photo's. I only order the smallest package of school photos cause they usually don't turn out so good....but ya gotta have at least one for the scrapbook, right?

So I took a few fall pictures to give to family. And, today I need your help. I picked the best ones and you get to vote on your fav:

Wyatt #1

Wyatt #2


Wyatt #3


Will #1




Will #2





Will #3




Pick one favorite of each boy and post it in a comment. I'm making reprints, but I'm having trouble deciding which ones.....
I've also caught the sewing bug again lately and have been whipping up a bunch of these re-use able grocery bags. I'm intending on giving a lot away as gifts, but I got to thinking....what if I could sew up even more and try to sell them at a Holiday Bazaar? That is where I need your help. I am terrible at deciding how to price things. So, if this were something you would buy, how much would you pay for it? It's lined inside with a coordinating fabric and the dimensions are very similar to a brown paper grocery bag. But it's easier to carry, holds a lot, and is way cuter. And what mommy doesn't want to look fashionable while carrying their groceries from their mini van to their kitchen?
Leave me a post of what you think would be a reasonable asking price. Anything goes....I won't be offended!



The inside lining and straps....





Ready to put those groceries into your pantry!







I'm continually inspired by Home Sanctuary to create one of my own. My favorite place to decorate is the top of my piano. It's kinda like my mantle since we don't have a fireplace. I found these little tea light holders at Wal-mart for $.50 after a friend told me about them. Actually she and Craig conspired a plan in which she had our whole house filled with glowing tea lights right before we came home from a date! They are great for adding a little glow at a low cost (and they can be quite romantic as well!)






The kids and I gathered leaves on a walk the other day so I scattered them about, too. And a few weeks ago I used some old wood Craig had snagged for me to make the "Faith Hope Love" sign above the piano.







Now, don't forget to vote!! :)










10 comments:

Aly sun said...

I am so impressed and inspired by this post. I like #1 for Will and #3 for Wyatt.

I LOVE the grocery bag idea. It is a tough thing to price, so I look forward to seeing other's comments. You can buy one from War-Mart (bright green) for .88, but it is so ugly. And I saw a really nice one in a catalog for $12 and I thought, "Who would ever pay that?" But then again, you need to get your time and money out of the project too. I guess I would say about $5- $7.

Michelle said...

I love your piano mantle! It looks so cute and I love the sign you made (made!) out of the wood. Very cool!

I like #2 for Wyatt & #1 for Will, great pictures!

Cute bags! I'd sell them for at least $10, maybe $12-$15 or $18? ....they are handmade and don't necessarily have to be used for groceries, and girl...one thing I've learned is that people are willing to buy things that are handmade, even if they have to pay a tad more. And you've got to get at least your supply cost out of it and then a little, right? It's such a hard thing though, I've had a really hard time figuring that out, too, for a couple of boutiques I've done. Just don't sell yourself short for all the work that goes into it...(even if you can "whip them up") :-)
I hope you can find a place to sell them, you could even have a little open house at your home and invite a couple other crafty friends to sell their things too and make your own boutique! That's what we're going to do this year, it's so fun. Then just invite anyone you want!

Very fun, wish I could come over for hot cider and enjoy your "home sanctuary"!

Rachel Anne said...

Hmmm. I like the pics with the tree in them...but I can see why you're having a hard time choosing! So cute!

Handmade things are so hard to price! I say put a REALLY nice tag on them and sell them as grocery/purse/carrying bags. Don't try to compete with walmart bags. Maybe 15-20.00 but your time is probably worth much more than that. Check out other bags on the internet and see how they are priced.

As always, I love the photos on your blog!

Mars said...

Wyatt # 3 (he looks so...just real)
Will #1

Anonymous said...

Wyatt: #2
Will: #3

LOVE THEM!

Christi said...

Wyatt - #3
Will - #1

I'm going to say $15 for the bags - homemade is the best, especially since I can't sew myself.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Wyatt 3, Will 1

I wouldn't sell those bags for any less than $15. I bought a big, fabric "bag" from Walmart for $13 and I thought that was a steel!! And, those are mass-produced. Yeah, I would totally pay $15-$18 for a cute bag to stuff all my other bags (purse, diaper bag, Bible, camera, coat) into. But then, I'm NOT looking at those gorgeous creations as grocery bags, either.

Angela said...

Nice work Lindsay!!!
Okay I think I like Wyatt #2 and Will #1, but you did a great job with all!

And those bags are so cute. I would say around $15.

Tiffany said...

My favs...Wyatt #2, Will #1. I had the same idea for shopping bags as I need something to use up my spare tub of fabric on. The fabric made it from the garage to the spare room, where it has sat on the floor for a couple months! Someday...

Heidi Jo Comes said...

#1 for will and #3 for wyatt.

but of course, they are all good.