Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our December, so far

This fall I was introduced to the idea of a "December Daily" scrapbook. Basically it is a mini scrapbook, in which you pre-decorate 25 pages, each numbered 1-25 to represent the days in December 'til Christmas. On each page you leave room for a picture and/or some journaling about what you did that day. My friend Chantel and I decided to make December Daily albums, and I have been adding my pictures and journaling all month.
One week Wyatt was sick, out of school for 4 days. Toward the end of his sickness both Craig and I got sick. It was interesting finding things to scrapbook about on those sick days, but there was always something. From sitting on the couch watching movies or looking at books, to making a break outside to check on the chickens, some days I scrapbooked pretty insignificant things. But it's some of those little everyday things that often don't make it into the scrapbook, so I think it will still be fun to look back on those things year after year.
Here are a few pictures of the slightly more exciting things that have been taking up our time this December:
Will and Wyatt building with legos in their room. They play this way for a long time. It's so nice.
Popping popcorn! Wyatt then took the time to string it and make a garland for his tree.
Daddy brought home a box of russell stover chocolates he got as a gift and we all took turns taste testing. This was one of those special, funny family times, when I look at the photo I laugh. We had so much fun doing something so simple. And I'm not sure what's up with Wyatt's get-up, or Anna's expression.
Wyatt's gingerbread masterpiece. This was a fun day, Anna and I got to visit his classroom for gingerbread house making day.
Me and my parents on my Birthday, December 17th. They, along with my siblings, came out that morning and took me to breakfast.
Later that day I got to watch Anna's preschool program and do some fun Christmas crafts and activities with her.
Anna was an angel in her first ballet recital, a performance of the Nutcracker at the Elsinore Theatre. This was definitely a highlight for me, this month!
Baking day was Monday. I made Russian Tea Cakes, Molasses Sugar Cookies, Almond Roca, and Marshmallow Cookies. We assembled plate after plateful to deliver to our neighbors and friends. A fun way to spread some Christmas cheer.
We stopped off at the capital building during one of our Salem trips. It is so pretty this time of year.
This one makes me laugh, the pose is totally inspired by Anna, and a lady passing by was laughing, too.
We finished off our day with a ride on the carousal!
So there you have it, just a few little bits and pieces of what we've been up to this month. I have thoroughly enjoyed December, and looking forward to the few days still left!





4 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I'm glad you are doing a December Daily album!! I was going to do one, but didn't plan early enough. I totally wish I had, though. Hopefully next year!! You'll have to show us some pictures of it when you are done!!

Christi said...

What a great idea to go explore around the capitol! I love all these pictures, and definitely want to try one of these albums soon...maybe a Daily March Album to help me get through March meaningfully.

Elaine said...

The album is a neat idea. You will have fun looking back at it.

My boys are totally into legos right now too! It seems like they can play with them for hours. :)

Also, LOVED the recital picture.

lori said...

Everything was fun to see (good summation of the month), but my favorite shots were of Anna this time. I laughed out loud about her in front of the statue. Gosh. It would be a quintessential model pose but for the one leg draped straight down in front of her, which is I think what makes it so hysterical. And the recital picture stopped my breath. She is precious as can be!

Happy birthday too, nearly one month ago now. Hope your year is spectacular!

P.S. I've never tried the one-month journal idea. Looks cool. I agree with you from my normal occasional journal: sometimes the neatest things to remember are the simplest daily activities.